Frequently Asked Questions
How to download SPB TV, platforms supported, etc.
- How can I download/get access to free SPB TV?
- What mobile platforms are supported by SPB TV?
- What if there is no SPB TV application for my phone?
- Is it possible to watch SPB TV on your desktop?
- Can I install SPB TV on a storage card?
Channels / Content
Add channel, manage channels, organize channels, etc.
- What channels can I watch in SPB TV?
- Is it possible to add your own streams in SPB TV?
- How long does it take to add a channel?
- Can I organize my favorite TV channels on the main screen?
Using SPB TV
Video is not streaming, what Internet connection do I need, video quality is not good, SPB TV wants to access my phone data, etc
- What kind of Internet connection do I need to use SPB TV?
- I can only see menu and channels’ preview, streaming video doesn’t show up. What is wrong?
- Why does SPB TV need to access my phone data?
- I have a poor video quality (pixilated, interrupted by the spinning wheel etc). How can I fix it?
1. How can I download/get access to free SPB TV?
2. What mobile platforms are supported by SPB TV?
The current version 2.x of SPB TV is completely free. You can download SPB TV
from the App Store or Android Market or just by opening the next page in the browser on your device: tv.spbtv.com
Alternatively, you can download SPB TV directly from our website: spbtv.com
where you should choose the preferred OS and then find SPB TV.
SPB TV requires high-speed Internet connection, such as 3G or WiFi (210 - 350 kBits/sec).
SPB TV is available for almost all the existing mobile OS’s: Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, webOS, Maemo, Bada, Windows Phone.
3. What if there is no SPB TV application for my phone?
4. Is it possible to watch SPB TV on your desktop?
You can still watch mobile TV by using WAP-version of SPB TV. Just open the next page in the browser on your device: tv.spbtv.com/web
5. Can I install SPB TV on a storage card?
Yes, it is. The browser mode allows you to watch SPB TV in all major browsers: Firefox, IE, Chrome, Opera and Safari. Type desktoptv.spb.com
in the address bar of your favorite browser and start watching SPB TV online. The browser mode allows you to switch between channels, browse integrated TV guide to see the current and upcoming TV programs and control the volume level. It also shows the channels of your previous choice.
Yes, if a storage card is available we recommend you to install SPB TV on the storage card because SPB TV service requires a considerable memory space.
Channels / Content
1. What channels can I watch in SPB TV?
SPB TV offers quick and easy access to 150+ live channels from 20+ countries as well as Video-on-Demand services. The list of available channels organized by language can be found in SPB TV application under “Channels” or “Channels list” menu item. We constantly work on adding new channels to SPB TV. Please stay tuned to find more channels in the list. We intend to support channel subscription in one of the future releases. It will allow you to choose from a wider range of channels, including the premium ones.
2. Is it possible to add your own streams in SPB TV?
4. How long does it take to add a channel?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to add your own stream URLs to the current version of SPB TV. If you are the content copyright owner, you can sign up at tvcontent.spb.com
Adding a new channel depends on certain policies and license agreements. Additionally, channels should match technical requirements. If a channel meets all of the above, it still may take us some time to add it. We hope for your understanding.
5. Can I organize my favorite TV channels on the main screen?
Yes, you can select your favorite channels and organize them. Go to Menu > Options... > Channels tab and uncheck channels that you won't watch. Use the Up/Down buttons to organize the channel’s order beginning with the most important. Tap OK after you finish.
Using SPB TV
1. What kind of Internet connection do I need to use SPB TV?
To watch smooth online TV on your device a Wi-Fi, 3G, WiMAX, or USB Internet connection is needed. Establish your preferred Internet connection method depending on your tariff plan before launching the program.
2. I can only see menu and channels’ preview, streaming video doesn’t show up. What is wrong?
3. Why does SPB TV need to access my phone data?
Try to open next page in the browser on your device: spbgo.com/stest
- there are several links to video streams. Try launching the first three. How do these streams play? If those links do not work, the RTSP protocol, which is used in SPB TV to stream videos, might be blocked across your connection. If you're using 3G, please, contact your carrier for further information on enabling RTSP. If you're using Wi-Fi, please make sure that the following ports are open in your firewall settings:
TCP ports 554.
UDP ports 6970 - 9999.
Also, if there's an option "Enable RTSP" in your router settings, make sure it's checked.
The latest version of SPB TV gathers such information like phone data and phone state in order to improve our services. We do not share this information with any other people or companies.
4. I have a poor video quality (pixilated, interrupted by the spinning wheel etc). How can I fix it?
In most cases this is due to a slow Internet connection. To watch smooth online SPB TV requires high-speed Internet connection, such as 3G or WiFi (210 - 350 kBits/sec). However, you may need to switch to low quality video that will put less strain on network and memory resources, giving you a smoother and uninterrupted TV viewing.
Various tips and tricks
- Set up reminder not to miss you favorite TV show.
- Turn the volume up or down using volume buttons on your phone.
- Action button on the volume panel turns on mute in SPB TV. You can switch it on and off by pressing the volume button.
- If your device is in the silent mode when you start watching SPB TV, the sound in SPB TV will also be turned off. You can turn it on in the settings any time you like.
- If you are using iPhone and have the sound turned off with the switch on the side of the device you can turn the sound on with that switch only.
- If the connection speed is not sufficient for channel view, you can switch to low quality in the settings.